MEDIA RELATIONS FOR PRODUCT-BASED BUSINESSES
I help established product-based brands get top-tier media placement in U.S. media outlets. If that sounds like you, contact me with information about your business and your media coverage needs. I have loads of contacts in the industry, so if we're not a fit I'll refer you to someone who is.
ON-SITE PR TRAINING FOR AGENCY AAES AND INTERNS
I train Assistant Account Executives and Interns so they can hit the ground running from day 1 at your agency. AAEs and Interns are ready to brainstorm, innovate story angles, build media lists, pitch journalists, and create media materials immediately after orientation. Those who go through the PBC PR Training are be quicker, require less support from team members, and can contribute creative ideas early on and more often.
Here’s a snapshot of what a one-day training consists of:
- Yes, And: Improv-based brainstorming techniques that will bring out your best ideas.
- Tools Overview: Using Cision, Google, Twitter, Excel, Outlook and Word for media outreach.
- Media List 101: How to build quality lists (and why you shouldn’t rely on only one tool).
- Management for AAEs: The best ways to manage your time and manage up.
- PR Terminology: Workbacks, decks, and other terms you didn’t learn in college.
- Writer’s Hour: Learning best practices in writing pitches, press releases, fact sheets and media alerts PLUS grammar and AP style.
- PR Ethics and Etiquette: All the rules to work by.
Contact me to learn more about rates and packages.
MEDIA MAVEN WORKSHOPS – DEVELOP STORY ANGLES AND PITCH LIKE A PRO
In this intimate, one-day workshop, we’ll refine your brand or product into concise, compelling stories. Attendees should have both a solid business strategy and a target market which they can concisely communicate to others.
You’ll leave with a list of fully-formed story angles, two fleshed out pitches, and at least five journalists you can pitch your brand or product to the next day. Plus, you’ll have loads of skills you can put to good use to get your biz in the press month after month.
Get on our mailing list to learn about the next workshop in your area.